Hey there! I’m Felipe Tofani, the solo adventurer behind Frame Travel Roam Capture, a blog born from my passion for exploring new places and capturing vibrant moments.
Formerly known as Fotostrasse, this journey began as a photography project when I, originally from Brazil, found my way to Berlin. Two spirited black and white cats joined me in this adventure, adding a feline charm to my travels.
Initially conceived in 2013 as Fotostrasse, Frame Travel Roam Capture was my response to the desire to inspire fellow transnational citizens residing in Berlin to discover the hidden gems of the city I now call home.
Blending my love for photography with the excitement of navigating an unfamiliar town, I initiated the project with photo meet-ups, gradually evolving into the travel blog it is today.
What started as a documentation of local explorations quickly expanded to encompass journeys across the globe. From the cobblestone streets of Umeå to the vibrant landscapes of São Paulo, I’ve been fortunate to share my adventures with you, my cherished readers.
Frame Travel Roam Capture is not just a travel blog—it’s a diary of my global escapades, a visual narrative of the beautiful and diverse places I’ve encountered.
Join me on this solo expedition as I navigate the world, one frame at a time.
Media Mentions and Awards
My work has been all over the internet, and below, you can see some selected links and places where we have been featured.
- October 2023 — My old concert posters on 20 Percent Berlin.
- May 2023 — Eiergasse in Mitte on 20 Percent Berlin.
- January 2023 — Kottbusser Tor on 20 Percent Berlin.
- January 2023 — My pictures of Innsbruck appear on travelmag.com
- December 2022 — Pictures from the series Dark appear on Sunka Simon’s German Crime Dramas from Network Television to Netflix book.
- June 2022 — My first appearance on 20 Percent Berlin
- March 2022 — My Ukrainian pictures are on A Year of reading the world.
- January 2021 – We were quoted and our pictures appeared in the Times of Israel about locations from the Queen’s Gambit.
- December 2020 – I talked about working in Berlin with our friends from Alemanizando.
- August 2019 – The Washington Post mentioned what we wrote about Bowie playing in Berlin back in 1987.
- May 2019 – The Guardian featured the blog when they talked about Leninplatz in Berlin.
- October 2017 – My Kaliningrad architecture pictures were spread around. This one is from the House of the Soviets.
- September 2017 – I did an interview with Record TV, a Brazilian TV Channel, about his life in Berlin and you can watch it here.
- July 2017 – Sampa Lovers featured one of my pictures from Copan on their Instagram account.
- December 2016 – I visited Český Krumlov Castle, and my pictures were featured on the Visit Český Krumlov Instagram account.
- April 2016 – What I wrote about Rüdersdorf was a feature in an article about the series Homeland at the official Brandenburg travel website.
- February 2016 – I talked to Alemanizando about David Bowie and Berlin.
- December 2015 – Another photo award from the San Francisco Chronicle and Eyeem.
- October 2015 – What I wrote about The Lake Bodom Murders was featured on the Thinking Sideways Podcast.
- October 2015 – We Are The Mighty wrote an article inspired by our march through Russia with the ‘Immortal Regiment’
- September 2015 – The Italian newspaper Brescia Oggi mentions our visit to the city and what we did during Blogville Lombardy.
- March 2015 – Our Helsinki from Above story was featured on helsinki-in.com.
- February 2015 – Herrankukkaro talks about my visit there.
- February 2015 – NBE Finland Photo Challenge with Momondo where we won the best picture taking during #NBEFinland.
- January 2015 – Helsingin Sanomat mentioned me in their story abou t Matka and NBE Finland.
- October 2014 – I took Gregory Martins to see Berlin in a different way.
- June 2014 – Slanted featured my pictures from the Lettering versus Calligraphy exhibition in Berlin.
Since early 2014, I have visited more than 25 countries on three continents, and I have only just started. Click around the blog to see what I wrote about all these places.